Education in Chandigarh
CHANDIGARH is known for its quality education. The schools are affiliated to different types of school curriculam. The prominent colleges in CHANDIGARH are GGDSD College, DAV College, MCM DAV College, Government College for Girls and Boys and Government Teacher Training College. There are model schools set up by the government in various sectors, aimed to serve the needs of each sector. It is a major study hub for students all over Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, J&K, Punjab, Uttaranchal, and also for students from South-East Asia.
- also houses many prominent institutes of higher learning such as:
- Punjab University
- Punjab Engineering College
- PGIMER (Postgraduate Institute for Medical Education and Research)
- Chandigarh College of Architecture
- Government College of Fine Arts, Sector 10
- National Institute of Technical Teachers Training and Research (NITTTR)
- IMTECH (Institute for Microbial Technology)
- Indo Swiss Training Centre
CHANDIGARH College of Pharmacy (CCP), Chandigarh College of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (CCHM) are located in neighbouring Mohali.The Indian Institute of Science Education Research (IISER) Mohali has been established to carry out research in areas of science and provide quality science education at the undergraduate and postgraduate level. The National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER)is the first national level institute in pharmaceutical sciences located in Mohali which has become a center of excellence for advanced studies and research in pharmaceutical sciences. Mohali is Chandigarh's satellite town which is Center for Development of Advanced Computing's branch C-DAC Mohali that is engaged in research on state-of-the-art.